Heating/Ferret Nation

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q

Quill'd

I was looking for some new ways of heating Aiko's cage, and I've seen plenty of ceramic heaters, but I kept looking, and I found this, a heating pad that I guess I can put in his sleeping area, but now, I'm caught between a pad, and a ceramic heater, how do pads work? Does anyone have experience with them? If not, what is the most efficient way to heat a hedgehog's cage?

Oh, and I forgot, how do you add the safety walls on the ramps in a ferret nation, if you want to make it safe for a hedgehog? Does anyone have a link to a guide?

Last edited:
I simply use an oil-filled heater to keep the overall temperature of my room up. When the hedgehogs need an extra bit of heat, I use plain old human heating pads on low that I wrap in little flannel cases and tuck under the liner.

Ramps - you can arch plastic hardware cloth over, use plastic tubes or create walla with metal grids or coroplast. As long as the hedgehog can't get under, over or through, it should work.

Back