Bert checking out his new cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawaii_Hedgie_Chin_Love

So I finally got around to rearranging Bert's cage. I decided to go with a theme, sort of...
Well, these are the results of a day full of boredom. He seems to like it though. He went exploring for about 20 minutes before retiring to his tube for the rest of the evening.
006.jpg

Of course, he went straight to his food. My little fatty. It's good he runs on his wheel so much or he'd be huge!
014.jpg

Then he decided to start sniffing around. He sniffed everything. Twice. maybe three times. haha. There wasn't much to see, but he made each one an adventure. He tried to climb up onto the "counter" but a) it was too small and b) there's stuff on top of it. THen he went to the "fridge" and got some more food. and then to his water dish to get a drink. Then back to the counter to try and squeeze inside. His head wuldn't even fit, so needless to say, that didn't work out so well. THen he went to his litter box and climbed inside to dig around before going to his wheel, and then running straight to his tube once I put it back in. After a few minutes, he came back out and basically repeated the whole process. *sigh*
003.jpg

Here's his whole cage. Nothing too special. It has a cardboard tube now, and a pile of hedgie sacks for him to climb into. Hopefully it hasn't been destroyed by morning.

I'm working on adding another floor, and once that's done, I'll do a bedroom or living room theme >.<

That is incredible!

Did he end up destroying his apartment overnight? And did you finish the new floor?

Well, he ripped down one of the top cupboards but other than that it was still perfect. unfortunately, I had to rip it down when I added a second floor to his cage because the way it attatches, the ramp is right in the way. The bottom level is pretty shaded so I just loaded it up with cuddly things for him to sleep in + his litter box. I probably won't go back to this idea anytime soon. I still have the furniture, but it's just not convenient anymore. The second level doesn't really have room for it either, I can barely squeeze in his wheel and dishes. So, scrap that until the rescue is back in business I guess. Oh well. it was cute while it lasted.

Back