Baby vitamins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tacotac

Maizy has been on a special soft food diet for awhile now because of the lackof teeth, consisting of baby food (turkey and chicken), chicken, yogurt and cottage cheese, but the vet told us it needs some vitamins in it. My brother said to get some baby vitamins to put on it. I don't know if it is a good idea. The ones they have got iron in them and such, and we aren't sure if this is good for hedgies. Any suggestions?

What vitamins is she lacking by being on a soft-food diet?

You're totally right that baby vitamins probably have stuff that hedgies don't need... like calcium and what not. But if she needs like Vit A or D or E or something, you can buy them individually. You can then either open up the capsule and sprinkle some in the food or grind some of the vitamins up and sprinkle them as needed.

I know CVS has them and I would bet my life that GNC and Whole Foods would too.

Be very careful with vitamins, quite a number of them become toxic to the body when overdosed. Among them are vit A and vit E.

Thanks. I will ask my mother today as to what the vet said about the vitamins she needs. I don't want to give her anything just yet until I'm sure.

Back