Mel's new cage.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle (:

I put together a cage for Mel and he seems to be liking it, but hes scared of his wheel. How do I get him to use it?

013-3.jpg

Its a little empty, I'm going to look for more toys.

002-2.jpg

Cute cage but it needs a lid or he will easily escape. Also, that wheel is way too small. He needs the 12" Comfort wheel which is just about as tall as the cubes.

Thanks, my mom brought home the wheel. I'm planning on getting a bigger one soon. Will he adventually learn to use it? I dont wanna spend 25$ on one that he will never use...

Cute cage! I agree with Nancy though on the lid and the wheel. And yeah, he'll figure it out eventually, he just may take a little while...maybe try putting him on it and move it a little to show him what its for.

Maybe he's not using the wheel because it is too small for him to fit in and run in comfortably. I'll be he'll use the wheel if it were bigger and better able to accomodate him.

Rest assured the cage will not look nearly as empty when you get that giant wheel in there lol! But see if you can get a nice matching purple blankie or stuffed toy, I'm sure Mel will love the coordinated cuddle opportunity ;)

I LOVE the material you used for this cage, it looks SO good.

Back