Kelen, ? - 07/25/2011

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
We helped Kelen cross over today. Our best guess is that he was close to four years old. He had a very gentle soul and was fighter to the end. We rescued him from a cold detached garage just outside of Edmonton last October, where his owners complained of his many escapes. They always found him under an old fridge (my guess is trying to stay warm). We took him in and switched him off the dog food that cost him several of his teeth. Over the last 10 months, he was the sweetest little man we could ever hope for. He loved to lick and kiss our skin, and he would frequently try to carry out a conversation with us with his little beeps and chirps.

In early June, a jaw tumour developed. The fighter he is, he would likely have fought right to his last breath. For almost another two months, we kept it in check, his appetite was great and he continued to wheel. However this morning the tumour had increased again in size and had clearly taken over his nasal cavity and was starting to cover his eye. I thought it was time and I truly hope he understands.

Rest in Peace my sweet man, you fought the good fight. My heart aches for you but I hope you now run free with your quilled companions on the other side. :heart4:

Kelen sounds like he was loved very much. I'm glad you were his rescuer. What a smart boy - hiding under the fridge until he could have a real home with you.

I hope you continue to find happiness and love across the rainbow bridge little one.

Im so glad you found him and were able to give him real love and care for the remainder of his life.

RIP Kelen....

I wish he could have had more time with you in a loving home, but I'm glad he at least had the time he did.

Rest in peace little guy. You will be missed.

I am so sorry April. He sounds like a wonderful little guy and thankfully his last months were spent knowing love and good care.

Hugs

Back