Which do I choose?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily!

Hi all!

I’m from the degu world forum, and I’m looking for some advice re my male rescue chin!

He’s 4 years old approximately and neutered.

We are building new enclosures for my degus and my chinchilla and these will take the whole second bedroom so I’m very excited!

I’ve decided now is a good time to get Alfie my chinchilla a friend.

My options are:

1 year old female who’s missing a front leg. (Meet half way with the lady, 1 hr on the train)

13 week old Male who has a head tilt (he’s the closest to me and I don’t drive).

18 week old female who’s in London or a 13-18 week old Male she has (2hr 30 on train each way).

Who would you pick? I can’t decide!!!

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably going to have better luck with either a younger chin or a female, so your choices are good. My suggestion would be to decide after meeting the chin, but you mention you don't drive, so that is going to be problematic. Be sure that you are aware of special needs that the chin might have, i.e., the head tilt chin may have issues with high shelves, ramps, etc. The tripod might (thought I doubt it) have issues with that or with a wheel. That may help you decide. Other than that - eenie, meenie, minie, mo?

You're probably going to have better luck with either a younger chin or a female, so your choices are good. My suggestion would be to decide after meeting the chin, but you mention you don't drive, so that is going to be problematic. Be sure that you are aware of special needs that the chin might have, i.e., the head tilt chin may have issues with high shelves, ramps, etc. The tripod might (thought I doubt it) have issues with that or with a wheel. That may help you decide. Other than that - eenie, meenie, minie, mo?

I’m happy to make adjustments as fit!

I did go the eenie meenie route and I’m having the head tilt boy!

Hopefully all goes well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back