question about chinchilla sounds

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penna

So I checked out that super cool sound database sticky listening for this particular sound one, I think its just the one, chinchilla makes.

Can't find it, its very strange and she seems to only make it when she's sleeping, like she's having a bad dream and she makes not quite a scream or a bark but 3 funny squeeky chirpy grunts followed by a grunt.

It sounds almost like trying to blow up a ballon with a whistle its very strange I thought something was wrong when I first heard it but she was sleeping.

I'll have to see if I can record it but it dosen't happen often and it seems to be happining less, maybe she's feeling safe which would be nice.

Sweet dreams Lady Chin
6473727405_43472d2c31.jpg

From what you are describing, it sounds like a bark but obviously if you know what a bark sounds like then you'd be able to tell if it was one or not. Try to record it, because I have no clue what it could be!

I would guess its more towards the warning call they make. Its the only one iv ever heard from my chins while they are asleep. (Expecaly from my younger females)

Tho i have noticed that mine will also make that noise if they are trying to tell us to 'keep it down!! Where trying to sleep here!!'

Back