Water Bottle Problems

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajhydrick

I have had problems with two different brands of water bottles for my chin. She will drink a few drops, then the flow of the water stops. If I tap the top bubbles come up so I know it's a problem with the vacuum and the air bubbles don't have a way to float to the top. What water bottles do not have this as a problem? I bought the chew proof Kaytee water bottle, and it went through phases of working and not working. The second kind I bought was a cheap one from Walmart this morning hoping that it would work better than the one I already have.
Any suggestions on brands or how to solve this problem would be much appreciated.

Most water bottles you need to make sure the vacuum forms each time you fill the bottle. That requires making sure the bottle is fully filled to the top, and then tipping it right side up and tapping the ball at the end of the spout a few time so water comes out to form the vacuum in the tube. I either bring a paper towel over to the cage with me or just do it over the sink so I don't make a mess.

Back