Have you considered Empress?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
Have you considered Empress? Did you know that Empress is not just for big breeders? Help us open up the horizon's of Empress for all types of chin owners and breeders!

Get a monthly magazine! Each month Maxine puts out a great magazine based on a topic whether it's feed, babies, or other things! September's magazine had a great article with photos and step by step instructions on how to build a hay feeder! Maxine has taken over the magazine earlier this year and has done a great job of updating it, getting new articles, and more!

Don't show? That's okay! Empress helps chinchillas as a whole. Empress helps protect the chinchilla by promoting awareness and research and staying on the lookout for obstacles like laws that are coming up that may affect our ability to have these great animals!

If you have not considered Empress or have in the past but are not longer a member please consider seeing the new magazine and new members who are working hard to bring new life into this prestigious organization!

A year long membership is only $45 per year which includes the monthly magazine. That's as little as passing up that Starbucks just one day a month! Great gift option for Christmas as well! You can sign up online and pay via PayPal as well!

www.empresschinchilla.org

I know that Maxine was promoting and that if you had been a member but aren't and were considering rejoining she would send you a free magazine to see the new look!

I have to admit I am one of those people that have considered but have not. The reason I am hesitant about joining because I was not sure if I want to breed any more. I only had a lot of babies born this year because people want bv females. I was happy just to have one or two babies born a year. I do show and support the CA shows.

I know that Empress is really working on incorporating pet owners who don't breed into their group, the best way to help them do that is to join and express your thoughts!

Thanks for the information Riven. I'd definitely consider subscribing. I'm not into showing/attending shows, but I'm always into expanding my knowledge on Chins.

Hi, I'm not a breeder either, just a pet owner and I'm a member of both Empress and MCBA. Both organizations recognize that the future of the chinchilla industry includes reaching out to, including and educating pet owners.

You can be as active as you want to be or you can just be a member and enjoy the magazine. For me, the friendships I have made with the legendary large breeders of the past and the new, younger generation of young ranchers is my favorite part. I love how willing people are to help you in any way, whether questions or how to get involved in attending or even showing at the shows.

I have always been made to feel welcome and enjoy encouraging new members to join. Don't be shy -- if you have any questions, feel free to contact Nicole (Riven), me or anyone else who lists their affiliation with Empress or MCBA -- we'd love to answer your questions and start seeing your faces at the events!!!

I suppose I'm reviving an old thread.

I'm thinking about joining them to learn more about chinchillas. Which one do people feel like is better at educating newbies? Thanks.

Back