chinchilla has yellow spot on fur?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

floridahkilos

a few days ago my chinchilla had a yellowish spot near his chin when i touched it kind of smelled like pee so i gave him a dust bath, i have been giving him dust baths only once every two weeks because his feet and ears were very dry but that problem was solved with balm anyway when he used the dust bath the dirty spot seemed to be fading away today i saw a NEW spot but near his armpit/lower chest he lives alone so how is he getting these spots at first i thought it was a dental/health problem but he's normal like he's energetic eating/drinking he's fine and when i touched the dirty yellow "spot" it felt greasy like it didn't feel soft like his fur usually does what could it be and how can i fix this?

Is it possible he is peeing on a shelf or something and laying on it? A dust bath every two weeks isn't really often enough, imagine only taking a bath or shower every 2 weeks. Now that the dry skin issue is fixed I would go back to at least once a week baths.

Is it possible he is peeing on a shelf or something and laying on it? A dust bath every two weeks isn't really often enough, imagine only taking a bath or shower every 2 weeks. Now that the dry skin issue is fixed I would go back to at least once a week baths.
i actually think it might be the bedding i'll replace it with one made of hay that i already have because i think the one i currently have isn't doing a good job at soaking up the pee and i'll also give him a bath once a week now that the dry issue was solved

Back