Finally, twins... X1 and X2

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sschins

Woke up this morning to X1 and X2 finally. Black Velvet female and Brown velvet male to a Brown Velvet dam and Standard sire. The veiling on both of them is unreal.. the black velvet looks like a little eb! Just hope the bellies clear up in time.

Pics will follow, she's being quite protective yet...

Here's the pics.... Shadows don't help any. X2 is a beige (possibly TOV)... he has the paw spats, but no other apparent veiling, so, with time we shall see, and X1 is *dark*, and i hope she lightens up a bit.

IMG_0294.JPG

Yeah, that's what i thought at first, but mom is a straight-laced brown velvet from beige/bv/standard lines, and dad is a pure standard. Like i said, hopefully their bellies and veling clear up

Well, my oversight kills me. Looking over the dam's pedigree this morning... her Sire's dam was a "Standard e/c". Looks like the ebony finally passed down. She had thrown me off for a while, because she's got a really light belly (what i thought was dirty white) and very dark brown veiling. That's the reason i stuck her with my best standard. He's got a bright white belly. Anyhow, looks like i was surprised but not only twins, but my lack of attention to fine print. LoL.

I never thought of double-checking the pedigree because she had thrown a black velvet and a standard previously. I guess the old addage about assuming things holds true. :thinking:

They're still cute, and at least i had paired her with my best standard.

In a side note, one of my standards that i sold out 2 months ago is coming home today. The girl can't care for her anymore, and was going to "give" her to a friend. I reminded her of the contract she signed, so she's at least going to be fine here.

Back