Question about hanging hammocks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strong Chin

Hello,

I have a quality cages chinchilla mansion on the way for my two chinchillas. The cage is 4 feet tall. I want to make sure there isn't a huge drop in the middle of the cage, so I am looking at hammocks, preferably larger ones. I've looked through several awesome stores- the only thing is, the hanging hardware seems to reach only a couple inches out from the corners. The cage is 24" wide, and I was hoping to be able to hang them from the sides of the cage, somewhere towards the middle.

Does anyone know if anyone sells extensions, that would help reach the sides of the cage? I believe I've seen some people hang them from the shelves-- I'm not super handy, though, and I guess am a bit worried about too much weight pulling down the shelves if they're both on the hammock (maybe this is irrational, I'm new to all this). If that's the only option I will try it though. Any suggestions as to how to hang it? Thank you! (I'm sorry if this is a dumb question)

Back