is my Hedgehog sick

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HedgehogChik

i used to be able to pick her up and she would puff up but now i pick her up i have to with a blanket and for like a whole hour she would not get out of a ball
please someone help i dont know whats wrong and she is making noises like a crying sound almost. please help. :facepalm:

How is she today? If you can get her to uncurl, check her all over for any issues like a hair wrapped around a foot or a quill poking. If you can't get her to uncurl or can't find anything, or can't fix what you do find, take her to a vet. It is not normal behavior, something is wrong.

So she used to not roll in a ball when you picked her up and now she does? Is the only thing that has changed? Is she still eating and drinking normally?

Is her activity level while she's in her cage normal? What kind of cage do you have her in, and does she have a wheel? Is there any way that she could have gotten injured? Do you know how old she is?

What temperature is her cage at? (I'm thinking about hibernation as a possibility)
Has she uncurled at all so that you can see what's going on with her? (I'm thinking injury)
If she's left alone, can you see evidence that she's moved - kibbles that have been eaten, poops that were made, water consumed, blankies moved around?
How long have you had her? How long has she been "okay" vs curled up in a ball yelping?

Back