What Pet Store do you most often use for your hedgehog(s)?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Pet Store do you most often use for your hedgehog(s)?

• Total voters
Q

Quill'd

Hey, everyone, I'm just curious to see what pet store is most often used by the hedgehog owners on this board, so go ahead and vote for your pet store. I'm very interested to see which is the most used, also, if you shop online, use multiple equally, are not sure which you use most, or your choice isn't listed (other) please go ahead specify they are, (or what the web address) is in your post. :thumbsup:

I mostly use the local Pet Supermarket, it seems pretty unpopular, but it works for me, especially since it's walking/biking distance from my house, and everything is totally cheap, there is also a nice, small local place called The Pet Pad, but I don't go there very often. I occasionally use Petsmart, when I'm nearby it, and I very, very, rarely use Petco, because it's so far away.

Last edited:
I really don't like to buy my supplies from a pet store for two reasons. THe first is that they sell really bad and useless stuff down here. And number two: I don't really want to support them mainly because they know almost nothing about the animals they are selling. Though my original purchase for Hot Dog came from a pet store, the only thing she still has from a pet store is her crappy plastic food and water dish which she spills every second andis driving me crazy with. I will be getting her a ceramic one shortly. I have found two really cheap places to get supplies off the internet. Here are there links if anyone wants to use them-
www.petguys.com
www.petfood.com

I use a local independent pet store. They actually have really good husbandry for all species and carry a good selection of products. They have always taken the time to listen to me and actually follow through on changes I've recommended for different animals there. It's a bit more expensive, but I'd rather my money goes there than to a store that doesn't care about their animals.

I just buy cat food at a nice mom and pop store that carries all the good brands, and only well taken care of birds, no other animals. They know what they are talking about too! Otherwise, I buy everything online.

when i had daisy i bought her cat food from a flower shop, lol! it was the only store that had wellness at the time, but now i see it eveywhere, i usauly only go to petstores for crickets and to get my dog out of the house.

I use to use a store that carried no live animals (except for animals from a local humane society) but switched to an online source after having trouble finding food or finding food that wasn't expired or expiring in the next month or two. Been extremely happy with being able to go food shopping at any hour of the day. The biggest down side is you have to ensure you need to give extra lead time for them to package and ship your food.

I go to Pet Valu. It is a chain store mostly in Ontario, but also in some of the North Eastern States. They carry a lot of holistic foods at rather decent prices, plus the one nearby is right next to our grocery store - BONUS!

Pet Valu also doesn't carry any "pets". There are usually a few cats from the Humane Society in there, and the resident kitty who roams the store, along with a fishtank, but that is it.

I chose PetCo since the question was about which one I went to most often. PetCo carries mealies and crickets and is very convenient for me, so I go there maybe every month or so. But it's not where I get Satin's "big ticket" items. I've spent more at Pet Supplies Plus (they carry the good cat kibbles); they also have mealies and crickets, but it's out of my way, so I don't go there often.

I go to Petsmart and my local feed store. Petsmart for my wheels, heat emitters, lamps and bedding. And my local feed store for CSFTCLS.... I occ. go to Walmart for food bowls and water bottles...

Between my and the bf we have 4 hedgies, 4 african fat tail geckos, 4 leopard geckos, 8 hermit crabs and a pack of dogs and cats. So I shop everywhere. CSFCLS and lizard houses at a local place, worms, crickets and bowls at petsmart. There 3 4 times a week. Fish stuff too. Dog and cat food from whoever has the newest stuff on the rack. Petco, Walmart inbetween.

I buy the majority of the hogs' food from a mom and pop store here in Edmonton. They don't sell animals, and they seem very knowledgeable on various animals and diets.

For the big ticket items (like the cages), I purchase from Petsmart. I occasionally browse and will pick up bowls or hedgehog-safe toys from there as well.

I use Mondoux (they don't sell pets, just suppply) for Yesterday's News and Royal Cannin. I gues my Innova and CSFTCLS from small store, it deepends on each time because some closes or stop carrying one of the food.

I go to a local pet store, I've known the owner for over 16 years and he used to breed hedgies. So he was a wealth of good info when we got our hedgehog.

I buy all the stuff I don't get online from a independent pet shop near me called Pet care warehouse. They are great. There animals are all well cared for. Once I told the owner that the plastic wheel in the chin cage was bad from her and she took it out.

I go to a place called Soldans around here and also Petco, mostly for the bedding.

I usually get Sonic's cat food from Petsmart. But it annoying since the closest is still 20 miles away. For her bedding I go to our local Tractor Supply Co. but they don't have the high quality food for her there.

PetsMart and DogPatch. When I don't go to DogPatch, I'm at PetsMart. ^^;;;

Pet store

There really isn't a lot to choose from where i live. Petco kind of beats out all the competition. However there is a new pet store that just opened up called. C. J.s pets..it is really cool and he lets people really interact with the pets..but it still doesn't matter cause no one really carries much for hedgies.

Back