Another suggestion thread...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydz

Is everyone sick of people asking for suggestions?? Haha. Well, here's one more.
Is there anything else I can do to make this fun for them?

Attachments

• DSCF1187.jpg
    DSCF1187.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCF1188.jpg
    DSCF1188.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCF1189.jpg
    DSCF1189.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 91
It seems that way because of the wheel and tube I just put in. I was hoping to do put something on the bottom level. I don't like those tubes just sitting there. And I have one empty level. I was thinking of putting some ledges on the doors they could hop on when it's closed.

My husband made that box of theirs pretty big.

Hanging toys and toys that string across the top

You can make your own by buying pieces of wood and wood toys, and other things like cholla, cardboard "bagels", and coconut shells.

Stuff their hay into cardboard tubes so they have to work to get it out, or fold up the tube and hide hay cubes and other treats in there.

That's what I was going to say, a hanging wood chewy toy. My boys have a reg. round dowel bird perch in the corner, they love to stand on it and chew it.

I would ditch the ramps and put some ledges in, they can surely jump those ramp distances and would probably have more fun doing it :). I would add some hang toys as well.

I would ditch the ramps and put some ledges in, they can surely jump those ramp distances and would probably have more fun doing it :). I would add some hang toys as well.

I know they can jump those distances but they actually use the ramps. My husband will kill me if I tell him to take them after all the work I made him do to make them. He hand sawed all those pieces. Oh well.....Maybe I'll take some out.

(I love suggestion threads lol)

I love your cage! I think the only thing you could do to make it more fun is maybe add an extra hide under that first shelf on the bottom floor with the tube under it, maybe just make a solid top and side. and then they have a lil open hut. That or add some hanging toys like everyone else has said.

I'm a little worried with the wheel there........Fatso has a habit of jumping and hanging between the wheel and the side of cage all the way at the back top corner. Is this bad? Could he get hurt? He seems to have made it his hide spot when he gets startled. And he fell asleep at the bottom corner for a bit.

YAY. Chewy just figured out the new tube.

I second this. They don't really nead them, and without them, maybe you will have some more room for shelves and toys!

Back