Ferret Nation liner questions (part 2)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trish57

I figured I'd start a new thread to my questions thread.

I did successfully make a pattern for the Bass pans and made liners that are just a tiny bit over-sized - maybe a half inch total, but that's okay. They're even, and one side of each liner is not a lot different than the other. And the top is the same size as the bottom :)

So, I washed the liners after I made them with the rest of the week's dirty liners. I used about a cup of vinegar like I usually do, but I had a bigger load this time with the extra set. Maybe I needed more? Of course, no fabric softener in the washer, and no dryer sheet in the dryer.

I put them to use on Tuesday evening. On Wednesday evening when I was scooping the poop, I noticed that both liners were wet! WTH? Why is it not absorbing?

This was the first set that I used batting rather than an third layer of the fleece that I'm using for the outside of the liners, but I can't see how that would make a difference.

I haven't had this happen before. What can I do to make it absorb? More vinegar? Air dry?

Thanks!
Trish

Back