Sonic finally loves her wheel!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

catahstrophic

So when I first got Sonic's wheel while putting it in her cage, it tipped over and fell over her [she didn't get hurt luckily] while she was eating.

After that, she would not go NEAR the wheel. She actually pooped near it [which I wish she still did because now she'll just poop where she sleeps EW!]

But one night while she was at the boyfriend's...he hears a noise. We had put some of her food on the wheel, hoping she'd eat it and get on it. Well she didn't eat it, just started running when it was on and it woke him up. She ran for 3 hours straight! Now she just runs and RUNS and RUNS!

What's funny though is when we hear her and go to watch her, she stops, looks at us, and curls up into a ball. She hates when we watch her play! It's so funny :D I caught her dragging her toilet roll into the igloo then playing with it. I go "SONICCC WHATCHA DOING" and she just stops...crawls out of the roll...then curls into a ball.

It's too cute.

One question though - her wheel COULD be bigger, but I'm worried if I switch on her, she won't touch it considering HOW long it took her to get used to it. She hasn't had any trouble with falling off it or anything, so should I just leave it be?

Congratulations on Sonic going on the wheel! :)
The only thing I know really about wheels is that if she is running in a U shape or if her back is hitting that thing in the middle of the wheel, than you should go bigger. She may just accept the new wheel, but maybe to make sure put a few mealies on it when you first introduce it.

Yeah, we're going to get her a bigger wheel. She finally allows us to watch her run, and now I can see her, it's a tad too small.

Today she also felt the need to try to put her WHOLE body through her toilet paper tube. She got stuck and needed to be cut out. *SIIIIGH* HAHAA

If you get her a new wheel, maybe try a transition, leave the old one, put the new one in for a few days.

HAHAHA! That gave me a good laugh about her getting stuck in the roll! Congrats on your little wheeler - hopefully she won't be too messy about it, hehe! :D

Back