Hay

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncer36

Yoshi won’t touch any kind of hay what can I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What have you tried for hay? Have you tried different types of hay, timothy, oat, meadow, mountain, orchard, etc? Also different brands? You can also try mixing different hay together to make a mix. Sometimes just adding in a bit of alfalfa hay is enough to make the hay interesting and more tasty. Fuzzies Kingdom even has a hay mix with herbs and treats that a lot of chins like. You can either try ordering some from her (it sells out quickly) or make your own similar mix. She also sells a hay topper too. Also although I think loose hay is better, you could try hay cubes.

I normally offer two kinds of hay at a time, as well as hay cubes. Not only does it help with interest but different hay wears down teeth differently.

Has he never eaten hay? or is this new? If it's something new you might want to get his teeth checked out. Sometimes the molars don't wear down fast enough and can curl, making chewing up hay pretty much impossible.

Back