My hedgie has turned into a villain!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobo13

Hi I'm so at a loss right now.:hair:
My little Mochi used to be sweet (in a shy kind of way) in the early few months when I first got him. He was a bit afraid with new surroundings and curled up when he heard noises but he seldom hisses,pops or got angry with me. He warmed up to me in the first few weeks by letting me cut his nails and he even played with me (nudging my hands with his cute nose when I was busy typing assignments, played rope tug-of-war with me). He was being really sweet at first.

It all started when he started quilling. He became a lot grumpier than ever, not letting me touch him quite as often as I used to. He hisses, pops and even jumps and snaps at me. I was so shocked by the change. He bit me a few times. I asked some of the owners about this and they tell me it's normal because he was in quilling process. I was relieved and looking forward to the time when the quilling will end so that the sweet Mochi will be back again.

It has been a couple of months now after his quilling ended but HE STAYS THE SAME! He is like a grumpy old man and I swear I've noticed his eyes become a lot fiercer. He bit me quite a lot. My blowing punishment didn't even affect him. It's so weird because I treated him nicely and has been so understanding in his quilling process :tantrum:

FYI, I've checked his condition and I think he's not sick and just fine. He's so active and explores well. Eats a lot and being very happy. All's fine except that he is mean to me :cry3:
Oh my little villain..Sometimes I feel like he owns me :laughitup:

That does sound very frustrating. If you havn't yet, put your worn shirts in his cage to sleep in so he gets used to your scent. Change them out every day. Good luck!

Back