Fleece lining at bottom of Quality Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strong Chin

Hello- I have a Quality Cages Chinchilla Mansion for my two guys, and was wondering whether it would be ok to place a fleece lining of the appropriate dimemsions at the bottom without fastening it. I can't think of a great way to fasten it while keeping it easy to slide out. Has anyone had any luck with having a fleece liner with no fastening? I guess my concern would be the chins goin underneath it (and maybe not getting enough ventilation as a result?) Thanks for any advice.

You can use things to weigh down the corners so they can't pull up the liner, like chin chiller tiles or even their house if it's on the bottom. Some people also use metal binder clips to clip the fleece to the cage.

Thank you. We've got a house and a chinchiller, maybe I'll move them to the corners. If they do pull it up or get under it, is there any risk to them, other than it just making it look messy?

Well if they can't find their way out they might overheat, but some chins like to play under the fleece and people have fleece houses and double/covered hammocks for chins. I have a FN, and for the bottom floor I have a fleece pillowcase style liner to cover plastic pan, with a double thick blanket like liner on top. I have a small ceramic tile (8"x4") in each corner and one chinchiller in the middle. Aside from them pulling and folding the edges up I've never had them actually go under the fleece.

Back