Changed behaviour and bathroom habits

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchinbijou

On the 19th, I came home to find my chinchilla very frightened and unwilling to come near me.
She was barking as a chinchilla would and hiding in small spaces.
I found tuffs of her fur on my bed and realized that another household member had gotten drunk and had some kind of interaction with her.
It took her a little over a day to normalize, and now she's almost the same.
She's running on her wheel, cuddling with me, coming out in my room willingly, taking dust baths, sleeping, chewing on her toys, biting on her wired cage to come out.
She's a bit more timid right now, but trusting of me as I am her primary care giver.
She sleeps on her sides every now and then but since the occurence she's been sleeping normally/fully on her right side, but will only lay her head down on the left side while her back/behind are simply sitting.
She's interested in her hay most days, although as of right now, she doesn't seem to be eating as much or drinking as much.
She's still pooping, but not as much due to loss of appetite I guess, and she doesn't seem to be urinating as much as she used to. Neither her food bowl or water dish seem to be decreasing at the steady rate they used to.
Might this just be stress over the interaction? Or should I take her in immediately for an internal examination?
It's been 4 days and all else seems to be normal except those few things.
Any insights or recommendations are very much appreciated and thank you in advance.

Back