Finger Traps by Oriental Trading

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the same as the other ones you find, but you can get them cheaper elsewhere, especially if you search Ebay or bird store supply businesses on line.

I just got 72 off amazon for about $6 shipped. I haven't gotten them yet but I was surprised because usually you see chinny sites selling em for 3 for $1 or so.

I've also been wondering about how you know whether they are safe or not. Are there specific pet finger traps or is a finger trap just a finger trap and any one is good??

Just bumping this (rather old) question up - wondered if anyone had opinions on the dyes used in finger traps from places like Amazon?

I see people buying them for their parrots. Is there a difference between these and the ones you can get at chin supply places...?

i dont really have an answer to that but i got them once for my chins. I got them off a chin site that i trust, and didnt think to much about this item. Tho now it does make me wonder.

Of course none of my chins rly give a **** about these finger shredders. There still sitting in a container, because they never bother with them.

haha - thanks, Godofgods. Appreciate the reply. I have one chin that is super into them, and another one that, like yours, couldn't care less. So I hope they're relatively OK. They're often a lot cheaper on Amazon. If they're no good, I'll have to find another good shreddy-toy.

If anyone has other opinions on the amazon ones, I'd be interested.

I'm pretty sure they are the same thing as people that sell them for pets sell. The finger traps are generally sold as kids toys, and kids put things in their mouths so it's not going to be toxic. They are made with vegetable dye, unless you get some that are really odd colored, like sparkly, shiny, neon, or something, but then those would probably cost more money.

Ok good to know! They looked exactly the same to me - shape, color and everything - but it's good to get others' opinions. Thanks, Amethyst.

Back