What color hedgie should I get?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripple

Hmmm. Which color. his name is Eddie if that helps anyone.

If you're looking for a baby, I'd focus less on color and more on the breeding line. Get to know where hedgie comes from -- a reputable breeder who has a pedigree for the baby going back several generations; one that studies their herd for genetic issues and drops a breeding line when problems crop up; you know they know their "stuff" based on the recommendations they give you; the support they can provide after sales vs someone who got into it for "the fun of it"; does not have a multi-generational pedigree for their hedgies...

Check out the breeder. Focus on the health and well-being of the hedgie... let color be a lesser concern - especially since hedgies can change color over time. The color as a baby may or may not be truly representative of hedgie as an adult. Not that an Algerian chocolate pinto will all the sudden become an albino or anything crazy like that... but changes can occur.

This is a bit like asking what kind of shoes you should buy?

Look for quality breeding first and color last.

Seems to be pretty much common sense to me.

Back