Diet Enrichment/Treats?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahmd443

Wondering what kind of treats and small things I can add to my chins diet to give him a little variety? We have a rose bush out front, and though it doesn't have hips yet, it does have petals... can he have those?

He's on a standard pellet and hay diet right now, and I know we're not supposed to venture far from that, I like to give him a little something extra to keep him entertained with his food. My family also gives him raisins on occasion, and I'd like to find a less sugary treat that they can offer him.

Chins actually do better with little variety - good quality pellets, good quality hay, fresh water. Rosehips for sure, and I know of people who have given rosebuds, but you need to be sure the plants have never been sprayed. If you want to give something healthy, take a look at Tanya's supplements at fuzzyskingdom.com. It's all organic, holistic, etc. My chins love it.

Honestly the best treat is just sticks. Apple sticks, Kiwi sticks, Willow, whatever. Make sure it's a safe wood and from a reliable source. They go crazy over them and it's great for their teeth.

Back