Clearance Fleece!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minccino

Chin-sational
To those of you who live in Canada, Christmas printed fleece is a really great deal right now! Walmart has individual 50x60 throws for $2.80 and Sobeys has a 2 pack for $7.79

I know Christmas is over, but I thought it would be a fun idea to snag them for that price and have a fully decorated cage for next year! Also I have 4 days off from work, so I needed an activity to do lol.

It is so slow sewing everything by hand, but here is what I've got so far!

This is the print I haven't used yet; I am going to make a cage liner set out of it, just like the Christmas tree one I have finished. The plain colored ones I am using as an under layer (between the liner and pan) for extra padding/absorption:
2m7hyt2.jpg

Body sized fleece stuffed pillow:
2zss8xk.jpg

Corner Hammock with round cushion:
33f7ps5.jpg

Liner - I fold and stitch around the edges to hug the pan so he doesn't pull them off:
10s9dfs.jpg

Continued...

And a stocking to hang outside his cage!:
2z7k35x.jpg

I will update as I finish more things. :))

Omg so cute!! My girls are jealous!! I need to dig out the sewing machine. Are you using a pattern?

It's a fun hobby for sure!
I used this pattern for the hammock, the size is perfect for a chin and a nice fit in the cage. Oh, but instead of using strips of fleece to tie, I use shower curtain hooks from walmart.

Everything else I am just making up as I go. I want to make a fleece stuffed candy cane next, and maybe a present too. Hopefully they will turn out the same as I picture them in my head lol.

Elijah just looves playing with stuffies! He bounces around the cage with them, cuddles them, beats them up, humps them.. I think he appreciates all the varieties lol.

Update:

The Candy Cane turned out alright I think lol
I had some difficulties turning it inside and stuffing it because of how skinny it is.
dz6nhl.jpg

Back