Vet clinic with pet store?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen vet offices with a supply store. Food, leashes, bowls, cages even but none that actually carried pets. I'm not sure how i would feel about that. Could be good if all the pets were seen before they were bought and deemed healthy.

The clinic I work in now has a "pet boutique". We sell leashes/collars, food, clothing, shampoos, toys, and supplies for exotics (calcium supplements, basking lights, etc.) It's pretty fun. :))

Also, the Adobe Veterinary Markplace will be opening right next door to our new hospital! This will be a one of a kind pet store filled with products to keep your pets active and healthy.

I don't think it's a pet store, but a pet supply store. I think every vet's office I've ever been in has had at least a shelf of stuff they are selling. Usually it's whatever food they get paid to recommend.

That really depends on the clinic. Previous places I have worked will sell anything that will make a profit. But thankfully the vet I work for now care more about the pets well being and will not carry any questionable items.

My vet also has a couple shelves of food and pet supply products however my vet has never recommended any of them. Only suggests what to 'avoid' when purchasing other foods.

Back