Persephone

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyronymph

Last Tuesday morning I found my dear Sophie had passed during the night. She was my first Chin, my sweet girl. The atmosphere here isn't the same anymore. My poor Rosie (her cagemate for 6 years) is beside herself and barely eating. We cremated her Tuesday morning. It's so hard to walk into the chin room and not have her running up to the bars for a wheatie-treat :cry3:

Poor thing! Rest in peace <3 I hope you're okay! It sounds like you loved her tons

Keep an eye on Rosie, this is a pretty stressful time for her. Maybe pick up some simethecone just in case!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :flowers4:

Rosie is depressed and will need some extra love and attention from you. Please tell her what happened. I personally believe that they understand us and need to be told that their cagemate is never coming back. It will take some time for both of you, but the extra love should bond you even more closely.

Yes, I agree with Lynn. Tribble was depressed once like this. My ex and I split up and he was a part of Tribble's life everyday. They were very close. He barely was eating and just moped around. I explained to him what happened and how we both had to move on. I gave him extra lovins and attention and within a week or two he perked up. Best wishes to you both.

RIP sweet Sophie.

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. I know her loss is hard on both you and Rosie and you both need time to heal. Give Rosie extra love, time and attention; it will help you both. May Sophie be forever in your heart. RIP.

Awwww. Sorry to hear about your little one. I have lost two in the last couple years. I miss them greatly.

It took my Olivia a while to spring back after her cage mate Sunni passed. I think she still is sad. It's been several months. But she so enjoys my extra attention when I'm in the chin room. I feel sad for her being alone.

They both came here as rescue chins that were treated horrible. And they will "go out" as spoiled rotten. When Sunni was living she was always happy to tell me how much she liked being here. Olivia always comes over to smooch me. I have no idea how old Olivia is. I would say ancient. I'm going to enjoy every minute I have with her.

Thanks everyone! She has started eating again, thank goodness! And she has been slightly more affectionate, but she's still the same ol' Rosie and when she's had enough she sprays me... no warning. It's kind of reassuring that she's not just in a depressed daze.

We lost a lot of pets in the family that same weekend. My sister, cousin, and by BF's mom all lost their kitties, and I lost Sophie. It's been a hard time for all of us, but we're seeing each other through it.

I'm sorry for you loss :( Hopefully Rosie can recover completely soon as well as yourself.
It is definitely not easy being around an area where a passed chin (or any pet really) used to but but eventually it will get easier!!

Back