How you know your chin loves u

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButIlovehim

I'd love to hear some of the unique and special ways that your chinchillas show they care.

I'll start it off:

When I come home after being gone awhile, Scritchy goes straight to his wheel and runs vigorously & with excitement to welcome me home.
He goes bonkers happy when I wake up.
He loves to touch paw to finger when he's in his cage.
He's just started letting me rub his belly.

We're still bonding, but I can tell that he is pretty comfortable with me now because:
-He jumps/sits on me often during play time
-he will come up to me for chin scritches
-he gets excited when I wake up (or maybe he is just excited and waiting for fresh food haha)
-he popcorns and wall jumps during playtime

Asa will nibble gently on my fingers as if to groom me. This is fine, so long as he doesn't nibble too hard. The problem is that he thinks my wedding ring is a fur mat, and always tries to chew it off! :laughitup:

Asa will nibble gently on my fingers as if to groom me. This is fine, so long as he doesn't nibble too hard. The problem is that he thinks my wedding ring is a fur mat, and always tries to chew it off! :laughitup:

Haha my chin Pudding does that to my rings aswell :laughitup:

My babe Minnie also gets super excited during playtime. When she sees the carrier, she'll stand up against the door and hop up and down. She also loves to let me scratch her head and chin, plus she loves resting on my shoulder :)

Back