RIP Flea

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaJTA

That guy.
I haven't been on the boards for a while. I have been avoiding chinchilla related stuff since early January.

I blame myself because I had been in and out of the house a lot working extra shifts so I didn't get to spend as much time with him. Maybe I would have seen something wrong earlier. When I left for work one morning, he was sleeping on a shelf. When I got home he was lying in his pee pan barely breathing. I assume it was a URI based on how congested his breathing sounded. He was gone before I could get him to a vet. This all happened around January 5th (right at his 4th birthday).

I cleaned his cage and donated it and his supplies to a local exotics vet that a lot of people surrender their exotics to.

I appreciate everything the people in this community did for me and all the advice I have gotten over the years.

Thats so sad, but hang in there, like AZchins said it wasnt your fault, pets die, and Im terrible with this issue, My chins are the first pets Ive had since my black lab died 6 years ago, when my dog (shadow) died I was a wreck I had to miss a week of work and I cried for a month straight heck I still get choked up when I think about him, and I swore to never get another pet because I thought it was just a setup for heart break, but ive listened and learned and I am so happy I have my chinchillas now, but I know when either of them go it will hurt. My heart goes out to you

I am so sorry, Jeremy! We all know how special Flea was, and I am so sorry your time was cut short with him. I hope you continue to stick around the forum. You are a valuable member here. RIP Flea...

Back