Prevue Pet Products Cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktschopp

So I am currently saving up for a new cage for my chinchilla. Currently she is in the cage that the person I adopted her from provided. It's a decent cage and has a good amount of height to it but I would love to get her a critter nation in the next few months. I stumbled upon this cage at Walmart for like half the price of the critter nation. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this cage? It looks very similar to the critter nation from what I can tell. I would remove the ramps from it and cover the plastic with fleece. I linked the cage below.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Prevue-P...DZc7VzUnZhLWPPVGvTrsFp6ojb6Qk5UfPYzj4QyEvlygU

I would save up for the Critter Nation (or Ferret Nation), Ferret.com frequently has them on sale (sometimes for as cheap as $150 for a double unit).

The Fiesty Ferret is not that great, it looks similar, but is not the same. It's smaller then the CN or FN cage (as you can see side by side), it only has one door on each level that opens rather then two, there is no center level pan (just metal grating) and the grating has to be removed since it's a hazard, I've also heard about the paint chipping so it rusts out after a few years, and lastly the shelves clip to the cage (rather then sitting in a metal frame that clips to the cage like on the CN/FN) so you can't easily cover them in fleece you'll need to replace them.

Ah wow thanks for including the side by side image! I will definitely be saving up for the critter or ferret nation then since the Prevue cage doesn’t seem to be any bigger than the cage I currently have. Do you know if the critter or ferret nation is better? I know the ferret nation isn’t good if you have kits because of the bar spacing but that wouldn’t be an issue for me, personally.

Back