Chinchilla and tarantula??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morbidmama

I have two chinchillas, a bearded dragon, and a pinktoe tarantula, I just rearranged my livingroom so theyre all kinda close to each other. and I was wondering if that's safe for the tarantula.. since the chins dust baths make everything around them dusty, I don't want my tarantula to inhale the dust and get sick.. would that happen or is she safe?

I don't know anything about tarantulas, but if you think there's a chance it could cause a problem I would try to move her until you know for sure. If they are prone to respiratory problems I would definitely keep them far apart. I have one of my hedgehogs in the same room as my chinchilla, but they are in opposite corners.

Stackie here I think has tarantulas and chins and aznmexaggie does some sort of research on spiders so if they dont see this thread, you might try sending them private messages.

I'm not sure if the tarantula would have any respiratory issues but I don't think he'd appreciate having a dusty enclosure. Pink toes require high humidity with lots of ventilation. I'd move him somewhere that the dust couldn't settle in/on the enclosure.

Back