HELP! Biting & snuggling

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickle'sMommy

My hedgehog, Tickles, favorite thing to do is snuggle in my sweatshirt with me. The problem is, he bites me while I'm in there. I don't know what to do. I want him to be happy but I don't want him to bite me. PLEASE HELP!:help:

Do you know if Tickles is biting because he is anointing? It may be the soap smell he likes. You can try unscented soaps. You can also try wearing a t-shirt under the sweatshirt and have him in between the two. If nothing works you can get a bonding bag to carry him around in or just sit with him on your lap cuddled in a blanket.

Also I love the name Tickles for a hedgehog!

Thanks!

I do wear a tee-shirt underneath my sweatshirt, maybe he is anointing. I wear the same shampoo all the time, so I was hoping he would get used to it. I carry him around with me all over the house, though. I just want him to be in my sweatshirt when I'm doing homework or something. Thanks for the help, Raindog!

When he's between shirts, where does he bite you?

I ask, specifically, because there's the phenomenon where some (not all) hedgies get a bit crazy with armpits/the armpit area. I don't know if it's due to regular human smells or deodorant or what. But many perfectly calm hedgies will aim for those areas and lick, anoint, bite, chomp ferociously.

In the meanwhile, I second Raindog's suggestions to keep him in between layers or use a bonding bag.

Thanks!

I noticed he tends to bite randomly no matter what it is. He bites things that won't let him burrow in, including me, I guess. I don't know if it is correct, but he is not angry, I know!

Back