~Do you have a back up cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a back up cage?

• Yes!

Votes: 88 88.0%
  • Not on hand but I can borrow one

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • NO

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • other? please explain

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
We probaly have 5 or 6 other cages that I wouldnt put my chins in permanatly but in an emergency I think they would survive with a little less space. Most of them are for rabbits so they're not tall. I do have one other chin size one I believe, would have to go out to the shed and find it though.

I have a total of 7 cat carriers in case of an emergency and I need to get all cats and all chins out. I also have two back up cages if someone needed to be separated for illness etc and I have two FN's that could be divided if a pernanment separation was needed. I scored one cat carrier for $2 at my local Humane Society, and I scored another cat carrier and both of my backup cages off freecycle :thumbsup:

Somehow 3 chinchillas ended up equaling 7 cages + 3 hole carrier? I have several old cages that I had to work hard to chin proof. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them because I always think I may need them someday?

Somehow 3 chinchillas ended up equaling 7 cages + 3 hole carrier? I have several old cages that I had to work hard to chin proof. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them because I always think I may need them someday?

Same here. My storage unit is full of old cages and chinchilla things. *sigh*

I have 2 back up cages in case someone needs to be seperated or someone gets sick/hurt and needs a smaller area.. (I have 9 chins but 6 of them live alone. I have 3 girls together though.)
I also have 1 cat carrier for vet visits, working on getting more. (Only had to use it 2 times. One of the 2 cases, my vet told me I drove over an hour because I freak out to easy. lol)

I have a collapsible cage in case of injury or whatever. But I always have within reach two carriers and a bag full of food, bottle of water, etc that can be grabbed in an emergency. If you have to be away from your house for more than a day or two, not having the basis necessities can be a great inconvenience. I have a bag set aside for my dog, too.

I kept the cage my boys came with until I was able to get a plastic-free "temp" cage, that I'm going to spruce up and probably fortify a little more. :)

I have her cage I bought from her old owner, I only one level but very long. I bought her a two level cage that is bigger and the one she permanently lives in. Then also a travel cage that's probably made to house hamsters.

I said no, but I only have one chin. It is a double unit though, so I could turn it into two separate cages if I needed to, for some reason.

He also has a travel crate for emergencies.

my permanent cages are a FN and a CN. i have 2 different guinea pig type cages (plastic bottom) i could use as back ups, depending on how long i'd need it.

I have an extra cage just in case! It was actually my first cage that I got when I got my first ever chinchilla. So I kept it to use as a backup

Back