Still Galtinel

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

galtinel

Hello all,

Well, stuck with Galtinel as most of you know me that way.

I have about 30-some-odd chins left in my herd/rescue group as I stopped breeding last year when the economic downturn seemed to be hurting SoCal. (Boy was I right...I've not placed a single chin since then.)

Sadly, my numbers have slowly dropped through the passing of old age, or bad health of some of the rescues.

Back in Aug 2008, I lost my 9-5 job at Hewlett-Packard but have maintained my own company: Keepsake Events, and still sell PartyLite and MaryKay to subsidize my husband's income. (He survived a major layoff last week with his company.) I also have a racehorse partnership group with two 2yo that I consider my Pets...I have posted about them in the Other Pets area. It's not a sold out partnership, so I work on promoting it as well.

Then there's the vineyard. We sold our first grapes last fall and the wine being made from it will be available for purchase about 2011 as the winemaker wants to make a really high-end wine from it. We hope to plant more grapes this year, depending on how our tax return looks.

So, yes, I am keeping busy...and I still answer lots of questions about chinchillas from people who want to know if they make great pets for toddlers :thinking2::yuck: or if they can keep them without airconditioning in the El Cajon area (+100F in the summer) :eek:. I try real hard not to over-educate them, but to make sure that they understand the reality of owning these wonderful furballs.

Anyway, feel free to drop a line...I was lurking over there still, even if I wasn't posting.

~Sandra/galtinel

Welcome Sandra! Hey, you live where my dad's girlfriend lives! Small world...lol.

Ramona? Dang, that is small, since town has about 50k people in it.

San Diego has a few more...LOL so it would be hard pressed to cross paths, unless she's a SciFi geek as well....:clown:

And thanks all, for the welcome. I'll do what I can to answer questions and help out...I just don't have the bandwidth like I used to.

Ramona? Dang, that is small, since town has about 50k people in it.

San Diego has a few more...LOL so it would be hard pressed to cross paths, unless she's a SciFi geek as well....:clown:

She's in El Cajon. He's actually flying out in a few days. He has about 6 or 8 inches of snow where he is now and is going to 70 degree weather, or warmer?

She's in El Cajon. He's actually flying out in a few days. He has about 6 or 8 inches of snow where he is now and is going to 70 degree weather, or warmer?

A little warmer...mid-70s, shirtsleeves!! It's pleasant weather right now.

And El Cajon is just a little ways away...I blitz through at least once a week.

Hey all...thanks for all the added wishes and welcomes. ;-)

Here's one back to THIS Admin/Mod/etc. team: May this Forum be easier to manage than the other one. (They know where I'm coming from.....*sigh*)

Welcome Sandra!! Good to see you here!!
Hope to see you for sure in person at the show. I've been trying to get Ronda to come this time too, maybe she can help you out with a few of the rescues??
Pamela

Back