The latest on Lisa

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Laurie, I doubt there is anything that anyone can say that will help you through this. Just know that you, your family, and Lisa are in our thoughts. Its not easy to watch a loved one hurt. Take care.

Laurie,
I just came across this thread and Lisa and your entire family will be in my prayers. I'm sorry that she and your family are having to go through this.

Laurie, I've told you already, but I will let you know as many times as you need to hear it, that I am so sorry your sister has had to fight this battle and has to leave your side earlier than she should have to. She has been so lucky to have you as a sister, and I'm sure it is because of you and your family that she has fought so hard to survive. It will be so hard to let go, but at least she will finally be at peace, which she deserves. Your CnH family is here to help in whatever way we can.

Im sorry Laurie, not much I can say to you neither...You are always so happy and positive, so just you continue like that! You helped me through it all...You are a very special person to me and MANY too.

Wow... Laurie, I am not quite sure what to say to you. Just remember to be strong with the Lord and never lose faith. :grouphug:

Psalm 52:8-9
"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints."
Psalm 24:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

I'm so sorry. I hope these verses help you and your family in your time of need. I will pray for you along with all the other people here who feel for you.

In my thoughts and prayers

I am so sorry to hear about your sister... this is the first time I've read about your sister and i will definitely be praying and thinking of you and your family. If your family and sister haven't thought about it yet, I would suggest looking into hospice care or palliative care programs in your area. They really do a lot for end of life care and focus on comfort and pain management not only for the patient but for the family as well. Please keep us updated and stay strong!

Thanks to all of you who offer love and support to me during this difficult time. Lisa has been hospitalized for pain management. The cancer in her leg bones and her liver are causing her more pain than her current meds can keep up with. She will be undergoing a procedure on Tuesday where they will put a catheter into her spine so that she can receive intravaneous drugs while at home. She is still supposed to talk to her doctor about receiving yet more chemotherapy, but honestly IMO Lisa is much to ill to receive that treatment. Chemo is a heinous poison in itself and when you don't have the health to back treatment it is very detrimental to your body.
My hope for Lisa is to be as pain free and comfortable as possible these days.
We continue, as a family, to care for her 24/7 and right now we would have it no other way. As much as it pains me to say this, I look forward to the day Christ calls her home where she will be greeted by my Grandma Welch who has waited 29 years to hug Lisa again and my Grandma Shaw who has waited all of Lisa's lifetime and longer to meet her.
I have never feared death for I know who waits for me on the other side of that glorious veil, and going forward I will always know my beautiful sister will be there waiting for me as well.

Last edited:
So I guess Lisa is having this done in the AM? You are all in my prayers and thoughts incl. her Doctors. I hope she gets good pain relief from this.

My prayers are with you and your whole family at this time. Have all of her arrangements been taken care of? Please don't overlook this in your grief. She has fought the good fight, I am so sorry for you to see the suffering she has endured. I wish for God to bring you peace.

Back