Spider Chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sugarmama

Here is one of the babies Chantel rescued a few weeks ago, a beige boy we call Spider Chin! Spidey jumps and climbs his cage walls!:D It's the funniest thing to watch.

Anyway, here are some pics. He's an adorable beige with lots of freckles on his hears, and a super curly tail. His fur still needs a lot of work, as he was very neglected until Chantel took him in. We are working on socializing him, as he didn't have much contact with people. He's gotten to where he enjoys being held and playing.

He does have a head wound that is still healing, though--he was really beaten up by his former cage mates.

Here he is:
SpideyChin.jpg

Curly little fuzz butt:
SpideyChincurlytail.jpg

Head wound:
SpideyChinheadwound.jpg

Awe, Sug, he looks happy. So glad to see that. His head wound looks so odd, huh? It looked pretty much the same when I had him- I wonder how long that will take to heal- if ever?

I don't know either, Chantel. I've looked around the edges, watching for any sign of infection, and haven't found any yet. He does NOT like anyone playing with it, though. It does have some fur embedded in it, but I don't want to pick at it when he's just starting to like being held.

He looks good pretty good considering his history! I love the cute curly tails.

He's a cutie. That is a nasty looking head wound he has. Poor little guy has been off to a rough start but he's well on his way to better things. :)

I don't know either, Chantel. I've looked around the edges, watching for any sign of infection, and haven't found any yet. He does NOT like anyone playing with it, though. It does have some fur embedded in it, but I don't want to pick at it when he's just starting to like being held.

I know, the vet gave him antibiotics and thought it would heal best left alone. I thought about putting some blu kote on it, but changed my mind after thinking you may not want a purple headed chin!

LOL...I wouldn't care if he were purple. But I don't think it needs Blu Kote, either, since it's not open at all.

Yeah, he made it this long, I think it will be just fine. May never grow hair though. Oh well, you can nickname him baldy!

Well, maybe I should do the Blu Kote! After all, I really do want a violet in the worst way.........:rolleyes:

Aw, he's a cutie! Is that head wound literally cut all the way down to his skull or something?! It looks worse than it sounds...It's good to know that he's getting better.

Back