Sadie had babies!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chinniechantel

Well, for those of you who remember, I bought a beatiful little girl from the petstore about 3 weeks ago. She could have been pregnant, so I prepared as if she were. Of course, the day CnQ goes down, she has her babies! I freaked out of course, because I didn't have anyones info, or even the forum to search. Regardless, everything turned out alright, and there are 3 healthy little ones about 12 days old now. I will wait a week or so before I get to hold them (wow is that hard!) since this is her first litter with me (and last!) and will get pictures then. They all look similar to the mom, but I know colors can change at quilling, so we will see!

Wow What a surpise to get. So CnQ online when down but you definitely were getting a fix of chins and quills at home!

Im glad to hear the babies and mommy are doing well! Keep us posted!

Well, Congrats on the babies. I can't wait to see pictures! Hedgie babies look like little aliens at first =)

Well, Congrats on the babies. I can't wait to see pictures! Hedgie babies look like little aliens at first =)

Yeah, the are cute, but not baby chinchilla cute! It is so weird to see no faces, just kind of creepy how they just "appear" after a few weeks.

Glad to hear things went well and you were prepared for them! It is hard not to handle them until they are a bit older. They are too darn cute ;)

It's great to hear all was good. I was thinking about her while down. Good luck. Names yet?

It's great to hear all was good. I was thinking about her while down. Good luck. Names yet?

No, not yet! I have to at least know the sex first, and I will check that next week. For now, they are all doing well. Mom lets me clean a little, and everything looks good. The hardest part is waiting! How are your little ones?

They are great. Have to build a new cage for one. Somehow one baby (Spock) ended up with internal parasites, but mom (Lily) and other baby (Kirk) don't have any problems. He was treated, but I thought I would have another 2 weeks or so for the 3rd cage. He's been in temp housing. Hope to fix soon, but I have a problem myself (unknown thing, injury, to my hand, rendering me useless), so not sure when I can fix. Side note, great to have a board back, but funny to see how much has happened, and the littlest thing needs a back story now lol.

Back