Guess what

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Trouble....
Yeah, I think that female I got from my classmate's pregnant. It'd figure in 5 years of being with him and in with Kiwi, she'd not get pregnant, then get here and BOOM, she is. So! Here's to hoping she's not, but I'll keep you updated if she is!

I always assume if a girl is in with a male even if she has never been a mom that she is pregnant. I have had several chinchillas over the year that I have gotten from people who say they are sterile or in years they have neber had kits.... not one of them were right all the girls produced here. A change in scenery can do wonders like Alli said.

Ash, Hopefully she is not pregnant. Keep us updated :) and if she is, have the vet ready just incase!

Lol Stace! These are the two from that classmate that it took me like... a month to get! I kept them together for a little while to help with the stress of the move, as a few people adviced me it would be OK to do. Everyone's theory. "THey were together five years, a few more days wouldn't work." It'd be my luck that the change of scenery did help, but I'm thinking she's farther along than just a few weeks. I swear I see the belly bumps! I'm definitely counting, and will keep you all updated.

OK guys! So.... I think Squirt's in labor. She's hunching over every few minutes like she's trying to push, kacking quietly and stuff. Gonna keep an eye on her and make sure everything goes OK. If I don't see anything in a few hours, gonna call the vet. Will keep you all updated! Cross your fingers and paws for us!

Ugh I hate our local Pet Emergency Center. So far, we've got nothing from Squirt. I called them, they said the most they'll do is "see" her because the vet isn't an exotics person. Not even a shot of Oxycotin. I really really am beginning to hate that place. They told me the same thing the last time I had an emergency and I ended up losing the chin. I'm definitely going to be complaining to my vet that they need to start accepting emergencies, especially if something happens to her because this PETS place is really starting to peeve me off. They always give the runaround no matter what type of pet it is, yet all the vets in the area tell you to call them if there's an emergency after business hours. I know my normal vet has boarding pick up hours between 5-5:30 so I'm hoping she holds on and that I can get my vet in.

I hope you mean oxytocin :D Hoping everything goes well with her...

Thanks Stace! Yeah, my mind's kinda blah. Was able to get her into the E-vet center by just showing up. Of course by then she wasn't showing signs of labor anymore, so the vet said he wouldn't give her anything, it could have just been "false labor". Is this common? She's still pooping normally, munching some hay right now. The vet took her out of the carrier and had her run around a bit, and she acted normal. I'm going to keep an eye on her and see if she starts showing signs again. Cross your fingers for this girl and hopefully it was just a false labor and delivers healthy babies normally!

Squirt had a baby today... I'm wishing now the vet would have given her a shot of oxytocin. She delivered one beige little girl, fully developed, but sadly stillborn. It appears she might have gotten stuck, as the front toes were nibbled on and there was some blood around the mouth and was still wet when I found her.

It doesn't appear as there's anymore. Her belly doesn't feel as though it has anything else in it, she's eating and pooping normally, moving around. She khakked at me when I went to remove the baby, and wouldn't move off of her. Going to keep an eye on her the next few days and make sure she stays OK. Thanks for all the well wishes, now just pray for mom.

I am so sorry to read about the kit :(. I hope the mom continues to do well.

Back